About the Company
Working with museums and science centers, Flying Fish provides a comprehensive consulting, sales & marketing, and operational management service to the touring exhibition industry around the world.
About the Position
The Sales Executive will be responsible for the placements of the company’s touring exhibitions globally and will represent the company and its services for personal and Company growth. The executive will be provided with a number of accounts (museums, science centers and cultural institutions) which he or she will manage.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, permanent position.
The selected candidate will work with the company’s Sales Director in its U.S. Sales office in Forest Lake, MN.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- Five (5)+ years of related experience with progressive management experience
Annual salary plus bonuses/incentives based on performance + travel budget.
Main Duties (70% of role):
- Execute on sales goals with assigned accounts
- Contribute to advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail
- Follow market trends and monitor competitor and client products, sales and marketing activities
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Prepare sales activity reports and present to executive management
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all areas of service, presentation of product, promotional materials, and events
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Partner with clients to understand their business needs and objectives
- Represent company at conferences to promote the company and company offerings
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Become accustomed to contracts and negotiation power. Negotiate fair contracts with clients to close opportunities and execute upon goals
Complementary Duties (30% of role):
- Contributes to exhibition/service/product research and development
- Establishes and advises on exhibition licensing prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Contributes input on exhibition design, new product listings, production related activities
- Contributes where and as needed on all aspects of company operation
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Proven sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors
- Maintains significant networks and high-level relationships within the industry or is confident in building trusted relationships
- Travel to conferences and to visit clients regularly
- Demonstrable experience in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Minimum of BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Current passport and ability to travel internationally as needed
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
Out-of-the-area and overnight travel will be necessary for success and should account for approximately 20% of annual working hours.