19 Mar Museum Tours From Home!
Is your museum closed to the public? How are you engaging with your communities? We’d love to hear about it. Email us and we’ll share your ideas and engagement activities with our network.
Below you’ll find links to creative engagements offered by sampling of institutions despite the closures. We will re-share many of these on our social networks to keep the engagements high:
- Australian Museum (Sydney, Australia)
- The British Museum (London, England)
- The Guggenheim Museum (New York City, United States)
- Royal Ontario Museum (Toronto, Canada)
- Science Museum (London, United Kingdom)
- Minneapolis Institute of Art (Minneapolis, United States)
- The Van Gogh Museum (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- National Museums Scotland (Edinburgh, United Kingdom)
- Houston Museum of Natural Science (Houston, TX, United States)
- The San Diego Zoo (San Diego, United States)
- The Strong National Museum of Play (Rochester, United States)
- The Toledo Museum of Art (Toledo, United States)
- Montreal Science Center (Montreal, Canada)
- U.S Space and Rocket Center (Huntsville, United States)
- The J. Paul Getty Museum (Los Angeles, United States)
- The Louvre (Paris, France)
- Te Papa (Wellington, New Zealand)
- Scottish National Gallery (Edinburgh, United Kingdom)
- NASA Washington, United States
- Deutsches Museum (Munich, Germany)
- The Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History (Washington D.C, United States)
- The National Gallery of Art (Washington D.C, United States)
- Rijksmuseum (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Wien Museum (Vienna, Austria)
- Museo Nacional de Antropología, México (Ciudad de México, Mexico)
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea (Gwacheon-si, South Korea)
- Musée d’Orsay (Paris, France)
Also keep an eye on #MuseumsFromHome trending now on Instagram and Twitter for snippets from these collections and more!
Image courtesy of the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.